CertSimple will be shutting down on January 30 2020. Read the announcement here.
The Terms of Service are pretty simple. Since our CA, DigiCert, handles verification and certificate issuing, the agreement is between you (the certificate applicant) and DigiCert. As of Feb 23 2015 the Terms of Service looked like this:
I am the registrant or am authorized by the registrant of the domain name(s) referenced above and have the authority to approve certificate requests for the domain. I confirm and agree to the following:
- Firstname Lastname (account #123456) has the authority to apply for SSL Certificates for this domain on behalf of Your Company (order #456789),
- Your Company has the right to use and obtain digital certificates for both the domain(s) referenced above and any sub domain(s) of the referenced domains,
- DigiCert may rely on this authorization for any subsequent digital certificate renewals and/or orders by Your Company until this authorization is revoked by written notice to DigiCert using one of the following methods:
1) Email to email@example.com or 2) Mail to:
DigiCert, Inc. (Attention: Legal)
2600 West Executive Parkway
Lehi, UT 84043
United States of America
- I will promptly notify DigiCert if this authorization is revoked or if a domain name listed above is transferred to a third party, and DigiCert may periodically (typically once every three years) reconfirm the Applicant's control over the domain name(s) and approval of the corresponding certificate(s) using a reconfirmation email sent to this email address. I acknowledge that I may not opt out of receiving reconfirmation emails.
That's all. We email your company contact a link where they approve of these terms as part of our ordering process.